Master of Science in Enterprise Application Development
The MSc in Enterprise Application Development programme is designed for those who aspire to be Software Architects. To architect and engineer large scale software projects, one needs to learn the technologies and techniques beyond the level of a first degree.
For the first time in Sri Lanka software engineers and software developers now have the opportunity to follow a world class Masters Degree programme offered by Sheffield Hallam University, UK, in Sri Lanka at the Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology.
SHU is one of the most progressive and innovative universities in the United Kingdom recognized as a center of Excellence for Teaching and Learning. SHU has recently been ranked as the number one University, UK in teaching quality and student learning experience. For more visit SHU
- Disseminate best-practice in the design, implementation and deployment of leading-edge enterprise systems
- Expose students to the use of modern design and implementation techniques and give the opportunity to use those techniques in building large-scale systems
- Maximise the employability and future career prospects of graduates whilst providing employers with highly capable staff who can demonstrate and apply their technical skills to modern business situations
- Provide students with opportunities to develop and improve their professional and managerial skills in developing enterprise IT systems based on best-practice
- Give students the opportunity to consider future directions and new technologies within enterprise computing and to enhance their analytical and communications skills
- Be a key building block in students' lifelong learning.
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES
Knowledge and understanding covered within the Programme. By the end of the programme the candidate will be able to
Explore the varied technological environments in which enterprise systems exist
Evaluate, draw conclusions about and make forecasts based upon the diverse and changing business and technological environments within which he operates.Analyse complex problems in the implementation and use of large-scale IT systems and suggest appropriate approaches to solving them Apply problem solving, design and research skills in order to develop successful large, complex software applications
Intellectual/Subject/Professional/Key skills covered within the Programme: by the end of the programme the candidate will be able to
Apply research, information gathering, design and implementation techniques appropriately and effectively Communicate effectively in order to enhance the understanding and engagement of a professional audience.
Modules will be delivered in parallel pairs as shown below
Prof.Terrence Perera (SHU)
Dr.Peter Collingwood (SHU)
Mr.Christoper Bates (SHU)
Dr.Koliya Pulasinghe (SLIIT)
Dr.Samantha Thelijjagoda (SLIIT)
Dr.Pradeepa Samarasinghe (SLIIT)
Mr.Nuwan Kodagoda (SLIIT)
Mr.Yashas Mallawarachchi (SLIIT)
Prof.Chandana Perera (SLIIT)
Mr.Samantha Rajapaksha (SLIIT)
Mr.Crishantha Nanayakkara (Industry)
Ms.Muditha Tissera (Industry)
Mr.Dilan Walgampaya (Industry)
Mr.Dharshana Mudalige (UoM)
This MSc Programme will be conducted at the SLIIT Metropolitan Campus at BoC Merchant Tower,
Kollupitiya on Saturdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- A First or Upper Second class degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology.
- A First or Upper Second class degree in any subject plus at least two years experience as a software or systems developer.
- Membership of a recognized professional institute in a relevant field as approved by SLIIT with relevant experience.
Selection of candidates will be based on the performance at the interview and on recommendation.
The total fees for course for an individual student would be £2500. This is made up as follows:
£1000 - 1st installment (initial registration fee)
£1000 - 2nd installment (at the end of first semester)
£500 - 3rd installment (at the end of first year)
Application Closing date: 06th June 2013
Selection Interviews: 15th of June 2013
Program Commence: 06th of July 2013
Application forms can be obtained from SLIIT Metropolitan Campus BoC Merchant Tower (Level 15) or form Here.
Click here to download the Application
Click here to download Letter of Recommendation
Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology
Level 15, BOC Merchant Tower
#28, St Michel's Road, Colombo 03.
For Further Information please contact
Dr. Samantha Thelijjagoda
M.Sc. Degree Programme Co-ordinator
Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology
Level 16, BoC Merchant Tower, St. Michaels Road
Tel : +94112413900
BSc Special(Hons) in Information Technology
BSc in Information Technology
BSc in (IT) Interactive Multimedia
BBA(Hons) in Business Management
BBA (Hons) in Business Administration
BEng(Hons)in Electronic Engineering
BEng in Computer Systems Engineering